httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Elizabeth Mattijsen <...@xxLINK.nl>
Subject LogFormat: missing arguments?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 1997 02:25:25 GMT
Going through the argument list of LogFormat, I seem to be missing the
following arguments:

%...B:	Bytes sent, including HTTP headers
%...c:	Number of request this child (2nd part of Acc in mod_status)
%...k:	Number of request this keep-alive (1st part of Acc in mod_status)

Is there any particular reason why it would be difficult to include these?
I could see many maintenance uses for this: e.g. you could then use data
from the logs to tune your MaxKeepAliveRequests.  Or compare the total
bytes sent with router logs to be able to pinpoint TCP/IP retransmission
problems.  Or find out that none of your children ever make it to
MaxRequestPerChild because of a problem in a module that causes many core
dumps.

Also: if I would like to log the unix-time of a request (seconds since
Epoch), there is currently no way of doing that (at least in my strftime
docs, I cannot see an argument that would give me that).  Is that correct?
If so, I guess the strftime arguments could be expanded by a "%u" argument
that would give the unix-time.  Any reason why this would be difficult.

If there are no reasons for this to be difficult, I would like to take this
on as a project.

Elizabeth Mattijsen
xxLINK Internet Services