httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Tue Sep 30 10:00:33 PDT 1997
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:46:49 GMT
Except that some people may have heartburn with a rollout being
"scheduled" one day before it's actually done. Hell, some had
problems with it being "scheduled" for a week or more before
the rollout.

I think that the Release Manager should schedule a date, but one
which is "far enough" away (at least the first announcement of
such) to allow sufficient time for people to note and approve
it. Some level of voting, IMO, is _still_ required at this
point. I don't think, and I'm not saying anyone does, RM has carte blance
to build and roll a release on their own authority alone.

That's the reason I proposed an extra day or so, although idealy
a date over the weekend, or even Monday, might be better.

sameer wrote:
> 
> 	I'm +1 on the 1.3b1 release Wednesday. There's really no
> reason to delay a beta past a feature freeze. If we're in freeze then
> we're in a feature freeze and we may as well put out a beta.
> 
> > Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > > 
> > > I still really think we should roll 1.3b1 tomorrow.  We can just include
> > > the known issues list or something. 
> > 
> > I think that a release on Thursday or Friday might be better
> > to make sure everyone has time to respond.
> > 
> > +1
> 
> -- 
> Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
> President					FAX:     510-986-8777
> C2Net
> http://www.c2.net/				sameer@c2.net
> 


-- 
====================================================================
      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services
     jim@jaguNET.com           |       http://www.jaguNET.com/
            "Look at me! I'm wearing a cardboard belt!"

Mime
View raw message