httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: Paths
Date Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:08:02 GMT
On Wed, Sep 10, 1997 at 06:20:35PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> As far as this 'make install' stuff is concerned. How about:
>
>    1. A new line in Configuration pointing to HTTPD_ROOT
>       and DOCUMENT_LOCATION. The defaults will be in /usr/local/apache
>    2. Configure uses this to adjust the targets for 'make install'
>       as well as creating a http_path.h file, which is basically
>       the top part of httpd.h
>    3. httpd.h is changed to remove it's top part and, instead,
>       it #includes http_path.h

How about:
     4. During execution of "Configure", the current settings are printed
	out so that the user can cancel the whole process if she wants
	to change the settings. This will prevent legacy apache users
	(/usr/local/etc/httpd/...) from accidentally compiling in the wrong
	defaults.

> Comments?
 +1 from here (if my vote counts)

    Martin