httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Whither 1.3? Patches, feature freeze, etc...
Date Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:47:25 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> We're not talking about putting the freeze off indefinitely, and I
> think it is a good thing to start getting hard nosed about this.
> However, _today_ I think that it is hard to justify a feature
> freeze. After b1 is out, I would fully support being hard nosed
> about this issue.

A group of people are walking along a path to the Emerald City.
Suddenly they see a nice little path thru the woods. By silent
consent everyone starts walking that way which vaguely leads
to the city. After awhile, someone says "Hey! Weren't we going to
the Emerald City? Shouldn't we get back on track". He is immediately
stoned.

> > I don't think _anyone_ can say that there were NO new features added
> > betwen 1.2b1 and 1.2b-final :)
>
> No, we can't, but to our credit, 1.2 is only at 1.2.4. Pretty good
> if you ask me.

Weren't most bug-fixes though?