httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Whither 1.3? Patches, feature freeze, etc...
Date Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:09:01 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I wouldn't have bothered writing the piped logs patch this week if I
> didn't think it was going to be accepted.  I have permission from back in
> August to get this one feature in after feature freeze.  I'm busy enough
> as it is.

My thoughts weren't directed towards anyone or any patch in particular.
It was rather a general comment on our historical behavior in never
being able to stop adding stuff. As far as I know, there is never
any guarantee that simply writing the code for a patch or feature
means it's going to be accepted, it being dependant on that nasty
little voting condition.

I like the patch. I'm all for it. I vote +1 on it.

I just wish to hell we could for once focus on getting a release
out in a reasonable and non-embarassing timeframe.