httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <>
Subject Re: Whither 1.3? Patches, feature freeze, etc...
Date Wed, 10 Sep 1997 18:10:01 GMT
I agree with this in principal and to giving the NT work as much
slack as necessary to produce a solid product. HOWEVER, minor
releases are for bug fixes. Not feature enhancements. 1.2 has
suffered slightly from this and I do not think that it is a good
idea to hold out 1.3.1 as the target for new features. We should be
working hard on 2.0 by then.

Given that many of us are sitting on our hands WRT the NT changes,
if there is time between now and a first beta candidate, I see no
reason not to add features that have group support. Now is the time
since we have yet to release a beta. After b1 is not the time.