httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main conf.h
Date Tue, 09 Sep 1997 21:42:47 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> > > Nah I was just stating a fact, wasn't making a judgement.  We already say
> > > that the NT port is not tuned for performance, so I think this is fine.
> > >

> > Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure...
> >
> > What about later on when we want to tune it? :)
>
> I've sometimes wondered why we need to make it a compile-time
> #define. Why can't we just set a global somewhere, and have all the
> scoreboard stuff use a different structure defenition to refer to the
> scoreboard depending on how the globak's set?

I think originally it was simply to keep the scoreboard smaller.
That was an issue when it was a flat file, but it's less of one
now that we're baselining shared mem. Having alternate scoreboard
rec's is an alternative but, IMO, not worth the trouble since
in-memory copies are fast. Shame we're in FeatureFreeze because
this would be a nice change :/