httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: This can't be good...
Date Fri, 05 Sep 1997 01:41:07 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Unfortunately, it looks like Paul's latest "library" patch
> does require it, since it needs to set the value of a variable
> for use in BEGIN...
>
> I'll try to figure out some way around that, but if not, then
> I think we need to back-out that patch.

OK. Here's my idea. All 'awk's handle the -f option, which specifies
the awk-command file that should be used. Sooooo in Configure where
we currently use 'awk -v' to set the AUTOXXXX variables, we
generate a temp awk-command file and then feed that to awk
using 'awk -f'. Maybe a patch would make it clearer....

Give me about 10 minutes...