httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject Repost: [BUG] PR#1031: ErrorDocument with type-maps
Date Wed, 27 Aug 1997 19:20:34 GMT
Hi,

after checking the stuff from PR#1031 it seems that something like

  ErrorDocument 404 /errors/foo.var

really does not work (with foo.var being a type-map).

It results in the famous ``Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was
encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.''
message.

Using a MultiViews search with '/errors/foo' works... I'm using it myself.

I've taken a quick look at the ErrorDocument stuff in http_request.c, but
can't see anything special.
The only thing that I noticed is that mod_negotiation issues an
internal_redirect() when a type-map file is used, but not when a
MultiViews search is used.

Any ideas why ErrorDocuments to .var files are broken?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                     - "Turn off your mind, relax and float
sfx@unix-ag.org                           - down stream." (J. Lennon)