httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "John R. O'Brien" <obr...@UU.NET>
Subject Re: got the license for InstallShield
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 20:47:18 GMT
Gentlemen:

If I may offer some unsolicited advice on your NT installation program.  I
strongly urge you to look at Wise Installation System from Great Lakes
Business Systems http://www.glbs.com, this is a superior product to
InstallShield, it is available from www.pparadise.com for $169.00.

This product will allow you to have an Excellent working installation
program in about an hour having no previous experience using the product.

InstallShield is a vulnerable product, the scripting language that lets you
setup the install scripts is a pain in the ass on a good day.  Wise has
simply a GUI that lets you pick what directories to create and install to
and then what files to take from your hard disk.

If you are willing to spend much less to get the Wise product $169 vs. $795
for InstallShield, I think you will agree after using it that is a superior
product.  I have experience using both products and I prefer Wise.

John