httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Current status of third-party module procedures?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 1997 06:07:12 GMT
Since I am rewriting big chunks of mod_php now, it is a good time to
change the way I am linking it into Apache.  Currently the PHP install
procedure builds a libphp.a and copies mod_php.c and mod_php.h to the
Apache src directory.  Then users have to manually fiddle with the Apache
Configuration file and add a bunch of things to EXTRA_CFLAGS and
EXTRA_LIBS as well as the Module line.  They also have to set WANTHSREGEX
to the same setting they specified for mod_php to avoid using two
different regex libraries.

Other than copying mod_php.c and mod_php.h to somewhere under the modules
directory, has something changed to make my life a bit easier?  On the NT
side it looks like I can generate a DLL and basically do the same thing.

I poked around the source tree and didn't find anything describing the
final conclusion of all the various discussions I recall passing through
this list.

-Rasmus