httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject incompatibility with mpack sources (fwd)
Date Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:53:13 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 09:51:04 +0200
From: Yves Urbain <yves@metaphor.be>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: incompatibility with mpack sources

Dear Sir,

I've written a module that use the mpack package to build messages
with attachment. At link phase, I 've encountered the following problem:
2 duplicate definition of the same function: md5digest & md5contextTo64.

By examining the Apache sources, I saw that these functions (located in
util_md5) was
taken from the mpack package but you have changed the sources (a little)
and the parameters.
So, it would be nice if you change the name of these functions in ordr
avoid the linkage probleem. It's what I've done in order to link apache.

Yves Urbain.