httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: [POLL] Named log formatsand envar-based conditional logging
Date Wed, 27 Aug 1997 17:43:21 GMT
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     Okey, this didn't catch any votes at all last time, one way or the
>     other.  I think it got lost in the flurry.  Brian and Roy are -0,
>     but Randy, Rob, and Elizabeth (and maybe others) have indicated
>     possible +[01]  opinions.

Aside from the issue in question, it has been the tradition on this
list for some time now to only accept "votes" on patches/ideas from
those who have settled in as contributors. No offense to Elizabeth
but I've only seen a handful of postings from her to date and nonthing
substantial as far as I can remember. It's a fuzzy kind of rule so I
can't blame people for going with the flow and doing as others do.

What I've told people in the past is that they should vote when they
feel they've contributed enough so as *not* to trigger mail such as
this. If you can't gauge it, ask someone privately to save embarassment.

Elizabeth, keep on pitching in. We just need to get to know you
better before we use your votes to determine the way forward.

View raw message