httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Configure -make and Makefile.tmpl
Date Wed, 27 Aug 1997 17:21:12 GMT
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > > Configure now uses Makefile.tmpl pretty much as a magic cookie.
> > > I think we should depreciate the '-make' option to Configure
> > > since it really doesn't make sense anymore.
> >
> > Can you please hold off until Doug's had a chance to make mod_perl
> > work with 1.3. I think I got the "-make" added for the sake
> > of mod_perl which does use a separate Makefile.
>
> mod_perl doesn't need -make since the modules/Makefile was introduced,
> it no longer touches Makefile.tmpl, only it's local copy of
> Configuration (w/ Configure -file).

I haven't traced the code but there are refernces to "-make" in
Makefile.PL

    unless ($NO_HTTPD) {
        $conf = "src/Configuration";
        my $dash_make;
        $dash_make = " -make $PWD/src/$mft_map{$adir} "
            if $can_dash_make{$adir} and $mft_map{$adir};
        system "(cd $adir && ./Configure${dash_make} -file $PWD/$conf)";
    }

Is it obsolete in 1.2 or going to be in 1.3 ?