httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: init_modules was moved and it broke mod_perl
Date Sun, 24 Aug 1997 15:37:49 GMT
On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This will make the vhash line be printed on stderr ... ah well, that can
> be commented out until we have logging levels.  So why is it that mod_perl
> needs this double init?

It needs 1 init but at an earlier stage. At the moment there's no Perl
interpreter running when the config file(s) are parsed.

I've proposed an alternative solution to Doug (and Dean) off this list.
Doug's not around at the moment, but when he returns he can decide if
mod_perl can be tweaked to compensate.

Rob Hartill                              Internet Movie Database (Ltd)   .. a site for sore eyes.

View raw message