httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: NL: Netscape Continues To Dominate Browser Market (fwd)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:25:36 GMT
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> We never have.  Their numbers are prefectly valid too... percentage of
> market by $$$ in sales, probably.  <g>

*          The 1996 survey numbers, based on revenue, from Redwood City,
*          CA-based think tank Zona Research, showed that Netscape
*          SuiteSpot held an 85% share of the Internet and Intranet server
*          markets. In terms of the server market, Netscape held 43% of
*          all server licenses, paid and unpaid, while Microsoft trailed
*          only slightly with a 39% market share. Microsoft has been

According to that, it's "licenses, paid and unpaid".

perhaps we need "lpr your-new-apache-license" in the Makefile :-)

Anyway, MS don't charge for their sorry offering do they ?, I though it
was bundled with their No Thanks o/s as a way to torpedo Netscape sales.