httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Permission to include Apache on a CD
Date Fri, 08 Aug 1997 22:52:44 GMT
On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     {Sigh}
>
>     I, too, have been bitten by the book bug.  I haven't found any
>     discussions of this in the archives, so I'll just baldly come out
>     and say it:
>
>     Does anyone have a problem with my including the Apache distribution
>     (latest "released" kit, latest "beta" kit, and latest available
>     pre-built binaries) on a CD accompanying the book?  There is a
>     precedent, and I don't see anything in the license that would forbid
>     it, but asking for group approval seems appropriate.

I think we actively encourage redistribution of Apache for free
or otherwise so you are allowed to bundle source and/or binaries.

The only thing to beware is not to make claims or hints about the book
being endorsed by the group. You're free to say that you are an
active developer/contributor blah blah blah. Oh, and avoid using the
feather icon without permission from Randy who (AFAIK) still holds the
copyright on it.