httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Bug report(s) (fwd)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 1997 12:53:45 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 23:21:38 -0400
From: David Birnbaum <davidb@chelsea.net>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Cc: davidb@chelsea.net, admin@hyperreal.org
Subject: Bug report(s)

Folks,

Well, I seem to be batting 0.000 today.  I just downloaded 1.2.1 to upgrade my
1.2, and in the process of cleaning up some old debris, I seem to have run
into a few errors.  In no apparent order:

1.  Your problem tracking database is down; any attempt to access it fails:

> Internal Server Error
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to > complete
your request.

> Please contact the server administrator, admin@hyperreal.org and inform them
> of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
> caused the error.

2.  The URL on your known bugs page is wrong:

> Retrieve **this patch**. cd to your apache_1.2.1 directory, and type
> patch -s -p1 < /path/to/patchfile.   Then rebuild Apache.

patch.hup -> patch.dup, I assume.

3.  And the real bug, which I can find no mention of - it doesn't seem
possible to compile in both mod_auth_dbm and mod_auth_db at the same time.  I
have done such, and the following .htaccess file fails:

  AuthType Basic
  AuthName Chelsea Networks Customer Library
  AuthDBMUserFile /usr/local/httpd/.access/passwd.http
  AuthDBMGroupFile /usr/local/httpd/.access/group.http
  require valid-user

A truss bears me out:

  open("/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/chelsea.net/client/.htaccess", O_RDONLY) = 6
  fstat(6, 0xEFFFD730)                            = 0
  ioctl(6, TCGETA, 0xEFFFD6BC)                    Err#25 ENOTTY
  read(6, " A u t h T y p e   B a s".., 8192)     = 183
  read(6, 0x000A0C5C, 8192)                       = 0
  lseek(6, 0, SEEK_CUR)                           = 183
  close(6)                                        = 0
  stat("/usr/local/httpd/.access/passwd.http.db", 0xEFFFD320) Err#2 ENOENT
  open("/usr/local/httpd/.access/passwd.http.db", O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT

Compiling without mod_auth_db seems to fix the problem.  Unfortunately, some
of my users want to us db, some dbm, and never the two shall meet.  At the
moment, I've left auth_db off, but this seems like an odd err.  Fortunately,
add in mod_auth_msql at the same time doesn't seem to cause the same problem
(yikes!)  This error seems to exist in 1.1.1 -> 1.2.1, so the code hasn't changed.

As always, thanks,

David.