httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: 1.3b1-dev
Date Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:39:27 GMT
Hmm interesting message.  If you've only got one <VirtualHost> section it
should only have one hashed... erm.  Hmm.  Oh, no it also hashes the main
server address.  So your vhost addr != main server addr, right?

That is a debugging message ... mostly of interest during the betas to
make sure the hash function does a good enough job of distributing the

But otherwise yeah it's ready for prime time as far as I know.  The
outstanding issues are whether we're going to support pools of
name-vhosts, or if we'll put that off until 2.0.  If we don't do that then
we should consider NameVHostAddr to remove the "special" meaning of the
main vhost address.