httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: I/O filter API
Date Tue, 26 Aug 1997 08:20:08 GMT

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>  - License: (quoted)
>    "Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
>    purpose without fee is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice is
>    included in all copies of any software which is or includes a copy or
>    modification of this software and in all copies of the supporting
>    documentation for such software."

Hmm.  The license doesn't talk about linking into products that aren't
free.  Which complicates things ... since the apache license allows that.
I think this might be a problem -- because AT&T holds the commercial
rights to it, and that means it'd be hard to get a different license.

View raw message