httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: virtual hosts in 1.3
Date Sat, 23 Aug 1997 02:36:10 GMT
There was one other suggestion I had that would be about 10 lines of code
for 1.3.  That is a NameVHostAddr directive which defines the addresses in
the single global name-vhost pool (rather than using the main server
address).  This doesn't give the multi-pool support that Alexei (and I)
would like, but it does eliminate one of the hidden semantics of the
configuration ...  By default no NameVHostAddr means no name-vhost
support.

Combine this with a config diagnostic that complains about overlapping ip
addresses.  The diagnostic should say "perhaps you need to add
NameVHostAddr, see the documentation".

Dean