httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject chunking and HTTP/1.0
Date Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:40:08 GMT
Yeah you read it right ... what if a client sent "Accept-Encoding:
chunked" with an HTTP/1.0 request.  Right now we ignore it.  Should we
accept it and give them a nicely chunked response?

Why?  Well ... it's hard to write a HTTP/1.1 proxy, but some of the 1.1
features are easy to add incrementally.  This is an easy increment.

Roy is probably puking right now :)  He's probably going to say something
like "but this would remove one of the incentives of upgrading proxies to
1.1".  Or maybe I'm just putting words in his mouth.

Dean