httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: NT name canonicalisation
Date Mon, 18 Aug 1997 03:20:55 GMT

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I was going to add a patch for this, but CVS won't have any of it, all
> of a sudden: "cvs [update aborted]: connect to www.apache.org:2401
> failed: No such file or directory" (NTese for "I can't connect"). I'd
> really appreciate it if no-one touched the Win32 makefiles until I can
> check in. I think you can guess why!

Um, raises hand sheepishly.  Me and robr@wired.com crashed the router.
Three times.  We were enjoying new toys and didn't notice it going down
until one of the isdn users said "hey the link keeps dropping".  (The new
toys were 2mbit/s wireless links, for $3k.)

> BTW, there's something fishy going on - CGIs, at least, with spaces in
> their names (my excuse: copy and paste a file "x" and you get "copy of
> x", OK?) don't work (premature end of headers). I haven't a clue why
> this should be so, but it ain't from my bit (errr, I think).

uh, spaces?  urls and spaces?  Yeah I know %20.  But ... if you can say
it's not an NT thing then tell me, and I'll look at it.  Or give me an
example.

Dean