httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/519: Need ability to log proxy requests to a seperate logfile (fwd)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 1997 03:18:18 GMT

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> The proper thing to do is to make the name field in the module structure
> accessable by the module author, instead of done by the preprocessor.

I hate dynamically loading modules.  :)  At least with statically loaded
stuff you know that the symbol names are unique.  Filenames are not
unique.  User-specified names aren't unique ...

I think I'd prefer if the code just strips all leading directories and a
trailing extension from the name based on __FILE__.  That at least is less
subject to vagaries of __FILE__ (which can include the pathname to the
file...  sometimes).

Or have the server barf when it's asked to addmodule something with the
same name as something it already has.

Dean