httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: another solaris hup patch (fwd)
Date Fri, 15 Aug 1997 18:32:46 GMT
Well we've already committed it, but here's another person it works for.
Cool.

Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:25:40 +0200 (MET DST)
From: marcel@hq.tip.nl
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Subject: Re: another solaris hup patch

> I seem to have been able to work around the solaris problems another way
> that allows the slack descriptor stuff to still work.  But I'm afraid of
> differences between versions of solaris and patch levels.  Is there any
> chance you folks could apply this patch to a vanilla 1.2.1 and give it a
> try?  Even if you try it on an alternate port that would be helpful.
> Typically for the hup problems to show up you need to make at least one
> connection to the server before sending it a hup signal.

Hello Dean,

Back from a business trip to Los Angeles I tried the patch and it looks like
it is now working like it should. I could SIGHUP and SIGUSR1 it, even after
several HTTP requests. I tried it on port 80 on a vanilla 1.2.1.

Thank you very much for your reply and your solution.

Kind regards,

Marcel Knol
--
Marcel Knol                                 Internet Aware BV
email: marcel@aware.nl                      Televisieweg 2