httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: localization of apache.org content/apache server
Date Wed, 06 Aug 1997 19:33:01 GMT

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> > - Make GUI tool to admin the Apache WebServer.
>
> Good luck. People have been talking about doing this for Apache for
> years. It hasn't happened yet, at least not really.

I thought Brian created an apache-gui mailing list for this... ?

> > - Make it work with Microsoft Frontpage, so the content can be administered
> > easily.
>
> I suspect many people would disagree with you here :) At any rate, Apache
> should work with Frontpage already. At least mostly.

As has been pointed out before, it's as trivial as us writing a
mod_fpage.c.  Didn't someone even post one?  Write the module send it to
microsoft tell them "here you dinks, you're not supposed to patch the
server, we've provided you this module api so you can write a module to do
what you need ... and well, here's a module to do what you need!".

Dean