httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: segfaults on CGI's with current CVS snapshot
Date Tue, 05 Aug 1997 00:36:21 GMT

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> > Can you post the exact set of changes you're backing out?  'cause as I say
> > that change to http_request there doesn't stand alone, you need the
> > parse_htaccess change as well.
> >
> > I would believe that the changes around rev 1.57 of http_request.c could
> > corrupt memory... I may have committed an off-by-1 booboo.
>
> Everything in that one commit message.
>
> If I start with a tree from right after the below changes were made, it
> fails.
>
> If I backout the below changes as follows:
>
> http_config.c 1.56 -> 1.55
> http_config.h 1.33 -> 1.32
> http_core.c 1.91 -> 1.90
> http_request.c 1.58 -> 1.57
>
> the problem stops.  I can't see anything obvious there.
>
> What is:
>
>   !     else {
>   !     filename = make_full_path(r->pool, d, 0);
>   !     f=pfopen(r->pool, filename, "r");
>   !     }
>
> supposed to do?  No, that isn't the problem.

I was just checking that myself -- it shouldn't ever be executed.  It's
only used if sconf->access_conf == NULL, but the final server merge during
config inherits sconf->access_conf from the main server to the vhosts.  So
it should be removed.

Ok, in directory_walk try adding a pstrdup around the test_dirname
parameter to parse_htaccess.

Dean