httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_core.c
Date Sun, 03 Aug 1997 21:09:08 GMT

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

>   Fix location of inline in do_double_reverse function definition.
>
>   -static void inline do_double_reverse (conn_rec *conn)
>   +static inline void do_double_reverse (conn_rec *conn)

Hmm.  I guess inline doesn't follow the rules that all the other
qualifiers do.  Did something complain about this to you?

The general rule involving qualifiers like const and volatile is that they
should be placed as close to possible to the thing they qualify.   So:

volatile int * foo;	/* pointer to a volatile int */
int * volatile foo;	/* volatile pointer to an int */

I assumed inline followed the same rules.

Dean