httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject my status report
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 00:54:12 GMT
Just so people know what I'm working on (and what I'm not), here's what
I've got in progress:

- vhost ip hashing
- directory_walk optimization
- reliable piped logs
- mmap support (I'll merge it into the core)

And something that I'm likely to do:

- figure out a way to cut back on calls to alarm().  I'd love to get us
  under 30 sys calls for a static request.  For a server as versatile as
  Apache this would be a real success.

If I've mentioned anything else, I'm probably not doing it.  And I'm
probably done with optimizations for now, because I think it's getting to
the point where the optimizations available would complicate the server
unnecessarily.  I also need data from live servers again to find out
what's still slow.  I've attacked pretty much everything that I've seen in
server configs I've dealt with.

Then I'll go into maintenance mode, because I've got this new job to start
pouring energy into.

Dean

P.S. Oh yeah, I've got boyer-moore code that I cribbed from Sedgewick
which I've never merged into mod_include.  Email me if anyone wants to
take it over.