httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.2 (Fri 1-Aug-1997 10:49 MET DST)
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 00:36:09 GMT
+1.  As long as we have the resources to maintain a stable version I think
it really helps our image.  1.1.3 got really stale before 1.2 appeared,
and we were in 1.2 beta saying "we don't support 1.1.x any more"...  It
truly wasn't much effort for me when I was maintaining 1.2.x, and it's
probably not much for Ralf either.  It essentially amounts to keeping a
list of bug fixes.

One nice thing now that we're probably close to a 1.3 beta is that the bug
fixes for 1.2 can be well tested in 1.3 betas before going into 1.2.

Dean