httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Bug report(s) (fwd)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 1997 17:49:10 GMT

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:

> 2.  The URL on your known bugs page is wrong:
>
> > Retrieve **this patch**. cd to your apache_1.2.1 directory, and type
> > patch -s -p1 < /path/to/patchfile.   Then rebuild Apache.
>
> patch.hup -> patch.dup, I assume.

Actually we're not sure which is the correct solution and I never had a
chance to update the page.  solaris_dup is different than what was there
before, and there's even a third possibility to fix the bug.  Go ahead and
use the _dup one though, it definately fixes the bug just maybe not as
well as possible.

> 3.  And the real bug, which I can find no mention of - it doesn't seem
> possible to compile in both mod_auth_dbm and mod_auth_db at the same time.  I
> have done such, and the following .htaccess file fails:

This is probably because libdb provides functions which override the dbm
functions in libc.  That is an issue that you'll have to resolve on your
own.  Perhaps you've upgraded libdb between building 1.1.x and building
1.2.x?  It's certainly possible to have _dbm and _db reside together ...
they don't clobber each other at all.

Dean