httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Huh?
Date Sun, 24 Aug 1997 14:37:28 GMT
On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> BUT Makefile in src/main is generated by Configure, which already
> makes sure that the correct flags are passed. Only in src/regex is
> the Makefile not created/adjusted by Configure (grep for AUX_CFLAGS
> in the Makefiles... Nobody uses it 'cept regex/Makefile.

Yeah, which is why in my original re-write of src/Makefile I didn't pass
these flags on. But apparently some people like to be able to do "make
OPTIM=-g" instead of editing Configuration, and the patch made this work
in all subdirs.

> IMO regex/Makefile should be fixed, or at least adjusted so that
> Configure correctly recreates it as needed.

It would be nice. But didn't we want to make as few changes as possible in
regex in case there was another release we had to upgrade to? If we can
make changes in there I would like to move Makefile to Makefile.tmpl, and
also make the default target "all" instead of "r" (which does regression
tests) so that regex can be treated like all other subdirs.

//pcs