httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.3 (Sun 17-Aug-1997 23:03 MET DST)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 1997 22:44:31 GMT
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > I see no reason to wait yet another day on this. We've sat on this
> > longer than any. With exception of a couple of minor proxy patches,
> > it is the same code that we have been staring at for the past week.
> > Plenty of positive votes. Lets get it out there.
> This has bitten us in the past and will come back and bite us again.  We
> need a day after the final tarball is made for testing.  No matter how
> much you test before there are last minute messups.  Saving a day isn't
> worth it.

+1 to enforcing a day's wait here. While no-one can guarantee it isn't
going to ship with a problem, if we have a delay like this at least we
have *some chance* of fixing anything seriously broken. Especially with
the timezone differences we need a reasonable period to ensure that
multiple people can download and try the tarball.

View raw message