httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: [CFV]: mod_speling revived
Date Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:40:26 GMT
On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> Here's Alexei's speling module, updated to cover the following points:
> *   do "real" spelling correction (i.e., a one-character typo, an extra
>     char, an omitted char, or a transposition) are fixed, in addition to
>     the old feature (miscapitalization only). More than one character
>     errors seem rather risky to fix. Bad Things (TM) could happen ;-)
>     The code to do this was taken from the tcsh "spelling correction".

Yes indeed. Seems like a useful addition for people that need this
functionality. But even just one-character (changed|added|deleted)
changes makes guessing files a lot easier. As long as there is a warning
about this in the docs, I'm +1 on including this with the distribution,
but -1 on making it a default module.

//pcs