httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: htdigest woes
Date Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:20:44 GMT
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Paul Sutton wrote:
> > The alternative is to abstract out the new signal from http_main.c to and
> > allow all support apps to have access to it.
>
> I thought this was one of the goals of the reorg.

Yeah, but do we do it before 1.3 goes into beta? I think we ought to,
but there was no reply to a recent message when I asked this question (and
showed an example of how the abstraction could work).

There is also the issue that we have abstracted the major platforms
(Win32, OS/2, Unix) into src/os/*, but somewhat inconsistently the
variations of these platforms are still defined within src/core (i.e. in
src/core/conf.h). It might make sense to move src/core/conf to
os/unix/os.h (and move the the OS/2 and Win32 bits from conf.h to
os/{win32,emx}/os.h). *Then* we can start throwing the new #defines into
the relevant os.h, and where necessary abstracting functions in os/*/os.c
such as ap_is_path_absolute(), etc.

//pcs