httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: apachen - 3rd-party modules
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:28:08 GMT
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
> > This just requires amodules/extra directory with a *blank* Makefile.tmpl
> > in it.
>
> Hmmm... Might be someway of adjusting Configure to handle a
> non-existant Makefile.tmpl invisibly... I'll take a look.

Err, yes. It assumes the module has its own Makefile (e.g. mod_proxy and
mod_example) so doesn't do anything. I guess a better approach would be to
check for Makefile.tmpl *and* Makfile, and if neither exist, touch
Makefile.tmpl and carry on (which will force the building of a Makefile).
Yeah.

//pcs