httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ingo Luetkebohle <i...@blank.pages.de>
Subject Re: copyright issues
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:02:03 GMT
On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> First: if you based mod_auth_pam on mod_auth_dbm or something, then there's
> Apache code in there and putting the Apache copyright on that code (in
> addition to your own copyright, or including the original as a separate
> file in your distribution) is appropriate.

Does that mean I should put just the "This software includes software
developed by the Apache Group...." and use my own copyright for the rest?

Yes, my module is based upon mod_auth, but not much of that one is
left ;-)

> Second: you should put your own copyright on it for now for the code you've
> written.  Base it entirely on the Apache license, sure; but don't put it in
> the name of the Apache Group.  At such a time when you want to contribute
> it to us, and we accept it, then it'll be time to take your copyright
> notice off.  But until then, it's yours.

Hmm, I offered it already, but no one seemed to be interested ;-)

Okay, many thanks for the advice. I'll rework the copyright.

---/dev/il