httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject repository names (was Re: [CFV]: mod_speling revived)
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:26:22 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> So to summarize:

For some reason this took too long to get to me. Anyway, the current state
is:

  Use "apachen" for HEAD work only (1.3)
  Use "apache" for the APACHE_1_2_X branch only (the HEAD of this
     repository is now effectively useless)

Given that, I think your suggestions make very much sense, so +1 to all of
them. Is it relatively safe to just rename apachen to apache-1.3, since
diffs against apachen's tree work work against a new checked out
apache-1.3 without munging.

> - rename apachen to apache-1_3
> - bring apache-1_3 up to date with latest RCS files from apache
> - cp apache apache-1_2
> - do a bunch of rcs crap to convert the 1.2 branch in apache-1_2 into the
>   HEAD
> - wait two weeks, vigilantly watching for mistaken commits on apache
> - make apache read-only

//pcs