httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: I/O filter API
Date Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:38:21 GMT
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997 rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:

> Just a note on the porting of sfio97.  It certainly needs to be cleaned up
> quite a bit if we are going to distribute it with a future version of
> Apache.  Out of the box it generates hundreds of warnings, and it doesn't
> seem to even compile on Solaris 2.5.1.  My attempt to compile it ended with:

I got it to compile on Solaris 2.5.1, but with an interesting caveat:
I'm using Sun's (payed-for) cc, not gcc, but it wouldn't compile until
I turned opitmization off; it gives me some sort of internal compiler
error unless I take out the -O.

The statement that sfio97 "has been ported to all known UNIX
platforms" seems more and more dubious, and this does not give me a
warm feeling inside...

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>