httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it
Subject Re: make lint and make install
Date Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:16:24 GMT
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, sameer wrote:

> > > + 	 cp Configuration.tmpl Configuration.default; \
> > > + 	 ./Configure -file Configuration.default; $(MAKE) all support)
> >
> > It might be better to assume Configuration instead :/
>
> 	The idea here is to let someone do:
>
> tar xfz apache.tar.gz
> cd apache
> make
> make install
>
> 	If I use "Configuration" they have to manually copy
> Configuration.tmpl to "Configuration".

Yes, which is what I would really want them to do ! (I would
even consider putting some 'vi Configuration.tmpl && mv Configuration.tml
Configuration'
in the make file in case tey forget... because it is really good if peope
just give it a quick look. :-)

The nuber of times I've been bitten by NOT reading it, moaning about
something, only toi discover it was perfectly documentend... :-)

Dw.