httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it
Subject Re: Revivification of the CGI 'spec'
Date Tue, 19 Aug 1997 02:10:39 GMT
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     Right, that's it then.  Anyone want to join me in trying - again -
>     to get the CGI 1.1 behaviour formalised in a real spec, and work
>     toward 1.2?  Roy thinks there's probably not much chance of going
>     through the RFC process, since it's an application protocol and not
>     a network one, but I'm up for trying anyway.  I haven't been in
>     touch with David about it yet, either, but something just pushed
>     this over the top..

Hmm the IETF has not exactly a very good track record (or that much
desire it seems) in general when it comes to documenting or standardizing
on APIs.. the IETF procedures seem to work better for  wire
protocols. Although there is one example in the security area where an API
almost makes it :-)

Dw.