httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Gambarin <stanl...@cs.bu.edu>
Subject Re: localization of apache.org content/apache server
Date Tue, 05 Aug 1997 05:12:08 GMT

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> but I think we could make it even easier; we could abstract all text
> messages (default HTTP error responses, error log reporting, etc) to a
> messages.c file, and use a #define to pre-configure a number of different
> languages.  Thoughts?
>
> 	Brian

	I had already emailed about this to this list.  I have a working
code prototype which i attached before, but can remail if someone is
interested.  The idea is to use either NLS catalogs for Un*x platforms and
.rc (resource) files for Win32.  The big question is : 1.3 or 2.0 ???
The only small problem that i see is that there maybe some collision
between external modules, which define the same number for different
messages, but resolving this issue is very minor.
							Stanley.