httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: filter API spec
Date Fri, 29 Aug 1997 20:33:43 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

[...]

> > First in, first out. The filters get pushed onto a stack, so as long as

First in, last out, actually, is what I meant.

> > SSL is the first item on the stack, it would be in the right order. It
> > would probably get tacked on in the new connection_open API phase, before
> > anything else, unless you had other transport-layer filters as
> > well that activates (i.e. if you had SSL and HTTP-NG filter modules,
> > you'd have to make sure they were in the right order.)
>
> Err, yes, but how?

I don't see what you mean. They'd push their filters onto the
connection's BUFF, in the order that they get their connection_open phase
run. So you'd just order them the correct way when you installed the
modules, just like you need to put mod_rewrite after mod_proxy if you
want to rewrite proxying.

Or am I misunderstanding the question?

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>