httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [BUG] 1.3a2 on NT (no authorization? not closing socket ?)
Date Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:07:30 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen two behavior that looks like a bug in the 28 Aug tarball
> from-cvs compiled for NT 4.0 (build 1381) with vc++ 5.0 (devstudio):
>
> 	* the auth stuff in the <Directory> section is not seen by Apache
> 		(maybe a directory_walk or fnmatch trouble?)

Really? Hmm. Just the auth stuff, or all directives? Are you using
all-lowercase path names in your <Directory> entry? We really should call
os_canonical_filename() from <Directory> and <Files> as well (and put
REG_ICASE onto the *Match versions), so that people don't put uppercase
letters there and open their server up to large security holes.

However, it's entirely possible it just doesn't work :)

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>