httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: I/O filter API
Date Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:18:05 GMT
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > >  - License: (quoted)
> > >    "Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
> > >    purpose without fee is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice
is
> > >    included in all copies of any software which is or includes a copy or
> > >    modification of this software and in all copies of the supporting
> > >    documentation for such software."

[...]

> Eh? It says "for any purpose". Or are you saying the "without fee"
> applies to "use, copy, modify and distribute" rather than to
> "permission"?
>
> I must admit it isn't exactly clear.

Agreed. My take is that "without fee" applied to "permission", but it may
be otherwise. The link that takes you to download the software says
"Non-Commercial License Agreement", which very much seems like it's
saying you can't distribute the software commercially. Which we'd need to
be able to do.

And there's one other issue... the pages claim that sfio "has been ported
to all known UNIX platforms" (which is an interesting claim), but what
about Windows?

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>