httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: ssh
Date Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:03:38 GMT
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:

> who needs to use those ? and if they're stuck moving stuff to local
> unix boxes before they can connect to apache.org then that's an
> inconenience they should probably put up with in the interest of
> security.

-1

CVS on Windows automatically converts Unix linebreaks to Windows and
back. It would be very hard to do NT development if you had to manually
convert each file back and forth before you did a cvs update, a cvs diff,
a cvs commit, a cvs *anything*.

Annoying, to say the least. And there may not be a "local unix box," if
you're working with a Windows machine from home, for example.

And the fact is, as long as Brian allows telnet access, or FTP access, or
anything of the sort, you're still going to have passwords transmitted in
the clear. And we move to a dedicated Apache machine, I suspect Brian
can't disable all non-encrypted access to hyperreal very easily.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>