httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Korthof ...@organic.com>
Subject I/O filter API
Date Tue, 26 Aug 1997 00:32:29 GMT
Alexis and I have been talking about an I/O filter API, and have come up
with a method which we think would be reasonably and "clean" w/in the
current framework.

I understand there's also been some consideration of just replacing buff.c
w/ stdio, which seems another way to go about this.  If it'd be possible
to use stdio, of course, that'd be ideal; but my understanding is that
stdio is not available everywhere Apache currently runs and that it may be
a pain to configure on some platforms.

So I'm wondering where the people in this group think we should go w/ this
stuff.  I know we've said this could wait till 2.0, but we've said that
of other things which we've done for 1.3, and I have some time coming up
to work on this (or something else).

I'd like to build the API (Alexis would write up the specification first),
but only if it's going to be useful.

     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --
     -- (415) 278-5676    |  Fax: (415) 284-6891 --