httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: NT Specific Development
Date Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:41:13 GMT
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, David W. Gregg wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Ben,
>
> The only thing holding me back from digging in to Apache/NT is the
> inability to get the cgi (perl) scripts working.  How exactly do you do
> this?

The only CGI scripts Apache will run similar to other NT web servers are
.bat files. For other script-style languages (ones it identifies as
containing "text"), it emulates Unix. So put something like this at the
top of your Perl script:

#!c:\perl\bin\perl

Or whatever. That should work. If you're using a recent development
version of Apache, you should also be able to use PerlIS.dll, through
Apache's ISAPI module.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>