httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: apachen - 3rd-party modules
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:21:09 GMT
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Paul Sutton wrote:
> >
> > This just requires amodules/extra directory with a *blank* Makefile.tmpl
> > in it.
> >
> Hmmm... Might be someway of adjusting Configure to handle a
> non-existant Makefile.tmpl invisibly... I'll take a look.

I don't know if that's a good idea. Because a module that comes with its
own directory could have its own Makefile, but it could be called
makefile, or maybe it doesn't want itself to be maked. I think it's
better to just have it only generate a Makefile in the presence of a

I have no problem with a blank file (actually, we should probably put a
comment in it, to indicate what's going on - that makes it
non-blank). And having some file in the directory will keep cvs update
-Pd from deleting it.

-- Alexei Kosut <>

View raw message