httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject apachen - 3rd-party modules
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:57:20 GMT
Can someone please explain something to me: I've checked out apachen. I
have a module file (mod_foo.c, say) that I've obtained from
somewhere. How the heck do I get it to compile with Apache?

The only way I've been able to figure out how to do it, short of creating
its own Makefile and such, is to put it into modules/standard. Not my
idea of the correct thing to do. And hardly easy to figure out.

I think we should create a modules/user directory, put a Makefile.tmpl
with dependencies basically *.o: *.h (or whatnot). Then place clear
instructions at the top (or bottom) of Configuration and INSTALL, saying
"To install modules not included with Apache, place the module source
file in modules/user, and add 'AddModule modules/user/mod_foo.o' to
Configuration."

Yes?

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>